Monday, September 17, 2012

A Trip to the Coast, Part Two

August 8, 2012
 
The Mall or The Viking Triangle  contains two museums, Reginald's Tower, The House of Waterford Crystal, Christchurch Cathedral, the Bishop's Palace, the Theatre Royal, and various other historical landmarks.  I saw where a new museum was to open.  This is a Medieval museum built directly over ruins of that period.

 
My last stop on the Mall was Christchurch Cathedral. The first church on the site was built in the 11th century. This was replaced in 1210 by a Gothic Cathedral. In the 18th century, the city corporation recommended that the bishop erect a new building. The present building has been described as the finest 18th century ecclesiastical building in Ireland.  What beautiful interior.  I sat for awhile and enjoyed.


Rested - it was then time to head back to the designated spot. 
 
Oh why am I prompt, especially in Ireland?  I did see a coffee shop and could use a boost.  So off I took and got myself a iced coffee mocha. You can keep Starbucks I just found Costa. Back to the designated spot to wait and enjoy.  Not much longer the family arrived and we said our good byes to Thomas, Katie and baby, and headed back towards the car park.  Along the way we did some window shopping and stopped at Shaw's, Irish department store. All shops and most malls close at 6 o'clock in Ireland.  I guess that's why we were getting the hairy eyeball from the clerks - they wanted to go home.  As we were checking out, I happened to ask the clerk how far was Tramore from Waterford.  She politely said about 10 minutes. I said I had never been there before.
 
Anne: You want to go now?  Do you know what time it is?
Me:   With a sad face :(   Yes of course.
Anne:  Oh we can come back another time.
Me:   With another sad face:( and maybe a small deathstare.   Oh feck it, you know we won't because times short for me.
 
I just guilted Anne into going to Tramore.
 
See Part Three.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment